The webinar explored opportunities where local health departments can work with their state health departments, clinical partners and federal agencies to increase health IT workforce and technical capacity to achieve public health goals.
The speakers addressed the following questions:
- What exactly should LHDs be doing to advance ePublic Health & Informatics within their departments and in coordination with health care partners?
- Where and how can LHDs become more involved and demonstrate leadership?
- Once an LHD is at the table, what should they articulate?
- What should LHDs be doing now and planning for later?
- How can LHDs measure their progress?
Claudia Blackburn, MPH, RNC, Health Director at Sedgwick County Health Department
Jon Rosell, Medical Society of Sedgwick County
James Coates, MS, RS, Informatician at Cuyahoga County Board of Health
Nedra Garrett, MS, Director of CDC’s Public Health Surveillance and Informatics Program Office Division of Informatics Practice, Policy and Coordination
View archived webinar here. Have questions for our speakers? Type in your questions through our comment box and we will be sure to find you an answer.