Please check out a new resource from the North Carolina Institute for Public Health – “Core Information Needs for Situational Awareness and Response Management”. This 30-minute online training module presents the current landscape of biosurveillance, needed improvements to systems, and the next steps to enhance situational awareness. Please see below for more information!
This training module can be accessed on the North Carolina Institute for Public Health Training Web Site: http://nciph.sph.unc.edu/tws/HEP_BIOS1/certificate.php This training is available at no cost.
This module is based on the report developed by the North Carolina Preparedness and Emergency Response Research Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in collaboration with the Public Health Informatics Institute, and sponsored by the CDC. The learning objectives for this module are:
- Define situational awareness and response management
- Describe the current state and challenges of situational awareness
- Identify core information sources for situational awareness and response management
- Determine how biosurveillance can be improved
- Identify biosurveillance requirements necessary for public health professionals to perform duties
Additional information, including relevant competencies, is available at the URL provided above.