NACCHO’s Informatics Team would like to promote The Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) Health IT Fellows Program. Applications are due August 6th at Midnight EST to HealthITVanguard@hhs.gov. Please see below for more information regarding this exciting opportunity!
It’s time once again to nominate providers, office staff, and administrators to join the Health IT Fellows program. The Fall 2014 Health IT Fellows class will continue to build upon the current HIT Fellow work around ground-level insight on meaningful use as the foundation for quality improvement and health reform. The work of the Health IT Fellows program has been invaluable in providing enormous depth in information on key issues that affect providers everywhere.
We are seeking Fellows that are clinical champions in their practices and local communities, serving as advanced primary care providers and administrators proficient in the use and understanding of health information technology to drive care delivery transformation, with a particular eye to the specifics of HOW this transformation happens. In order to beconsidered as a Fellow in the Fall 2014 class, it is mandatory that nominees be working with an ONC grantee (REC, HIE, etc) and STRONGLY ENCOURAGED that they participate in at least one CMMI program (CPC, SSP ACO, etc).
- Variety is Encouraged: Please nominate providers, administrators, and office staff from a variety of setting types (small practice, CAH, CHC, etc.) to ensure well-rounded expertise. We are particularly interested in expanding our diversity of HIT Fellow backgrounds such as RNs, NPs, and PAs, although clinical champions all are welcome!
- Health IT Fellows MUST have achieved Meaningful Use Stage 1 orhave sufficient documentation that MU achievement is in process
- One Fellow selected per practice/organization: if must nominate two please nominate provider and administrator; selection committee will only choose one Fellow per organization
- Submissions MUST utilize nomination template and consent form provided although may have additional supporting documentation included
- Previous applicants will be considered but MUST meet the requirements as listed above
- If the initial application did not indicate participation in a CMMI model or quality improvement program, please update application with pertinent information and resubmit
- Final submissions (including signed consent form) due August 6th at Midnight EST sent to HealthITVanguard@hhs.gov
- Please be sure to include completed application, consent form, and IF desired a short bio and picture (white background preferred) of Fellow as these will be requested upon entrance into the program
- Application review and selection of Fellows: August 7th-8th
- Fellows announced week of August 11th
- In-person meeting scheduled for late September/early October 2014
Fall 2014 Class of Health IT Fellows Notes
- Fall 2014 Fellowship runs from September 1, 2014 for ~5-7 months, with potential opportunity for renewal
- Compensation for participation in the Health IT Fellows Program by ONC is unavailable at this time
- Fellows will be chosen based on commitment to making MU meaningful and their passion to serve as a champion within their community and on a national scale
For more information please check out the website or if you would like to submit an application please follow the instructions and complete the forms in the documents below.