NACCHO and CDC’s Division of Human Development and Disability at the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities have developed four new tutorial videos to enhance the user experience on Disability and Health Data System (DHDS). The tutorial videos are free to users and teach them how to use the web tool to access data on the health of adults with disabilities. DHDS is an online interactive tool that provides instant access to state-level, disability-specific health data. Users can customize the disability and health data they view, making it easy to identify health disparities.
DHDS Tutorial Videos will teach users to:
- Use the DHDS web tool to access data from the 2012 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System about the health of adults with disabilities;
- Use three DHDS key features: interactive maps, customizable data tables, and state profiles;
- Determine the percentage of adults with disabilities in their state;
- Find health data for adults with disabilities in their state, and compare these data to adults without disabilities;
- Compare their state health data to other states, and to the United States & Territories total;
- View data on a range of health topics for a single state; and
- Create and download customizable data tables.
To access the videos, visit http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/disabilityandhealth/dhds-materials.html
This project was supported by Cooperative Agreement #1U38OT000172-01 from the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.