Please see the meeting invitation below for this exciting webinar!
Meeting Invitation for:
Date: Thursday, September 18, 2014
Time: 3:00 pm Eastern Time / 2:00 pm Central Time / 1:00 pm Mountain Time / 12:00 pm Pacific Time
Dear Public Health Forum Members & Colleagues:
The meeting agenda and the webinar registration information are provided below.
- GoToWebinar is used for these webinars and pre-registration is required.
- If you haven’t already registered for these monthly webinars, please follow the registration information listed below to receive an email with instructions on how to join these webinars.
- You will receive a unique participant link to join these recurring meetings. This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.
- The email you receive will include a link to add these recurring meetings to your calendar.
- If you have not used GoToWebinar before, you are advised to test your connectivity prior to the meeting. A link to connectivity test information is provided below.
- If you previously registered for these monthly webinars and cannot locate your unique participant link, please use the registration link provided below and your unique participant link will be resent.
- Announcements (CDC and ONC) – [5 minutes]
- Presentation: Formalizing Community-Clinical Linkages: Massachusetts Department of Public Health e-Referral Project – [40 minutes]
Thomas Land, PhD, Director of the Office of Data Management and Outcomes Assessment, Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Laura Nasuti, MPH, PhD, Director of the Office of Statistics and Evaluation, Bureau of Community Health and Prevention, Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Michael Stelmach, MBA, Senior Health Information Technology Consultant and Principal, Bowlink Technologies, Inc.
Massachusetts was awarded a State Innovation Model Testing Award in the first round of SIM Testing Awards. As part of this award, the MA Department of Public Health has developed an open-source, bi-directional electronic referral system (e-Referral) that links referrals from clinical settings to community-based organizations. Since Spring 2013, the e-Referral team has linked two different EHRs to the e-Referral software (NextGen and athenahealth) and initiated pilots in 3 different community health centers, and supported linkages to 3 different community-based organizations for six different referral types. The project currently links community health centers to VNAs, elder services organizations, and YMCAs. To date, the number of referrals has been relatively small. Technical assistance is being offered to clinical site to improve work flow that leads to referrals. The next steps for the project include expanding the capabilities of the e-Referral system, onboarding clinical sites with additional EMRs, finalizing an e-Referral connection on our state Health Information Exchange, and adding additional clinical and community sites (including the state tobacco quitline).
Question and Answer Session – [15 minutes]
Akaki Lekiachvili, MD, MBA, Office of the Medical Director, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Webinar Registration Instructions
Pre-register for this online event at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6622823985119063809
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. The invitation will include a link to add these recurring meetings to your calendar.
GoToWebinar System Requirements and Connectivity Test Information
View GoToWebinar System Requirements: http://support.citrixonline.com/s/G2W/Help/SystemRequirements
Connectivity Test Information: https://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/gotomeeting/help_files/GTM140010?title=Test+Your+GoToMeeting+Connection