NACCHO has recently created an issue brief titled “Cybersecurity: Risk and Recommendations for Increasingly Connected Local Health Departments.” This issue brief was developed to help introduce the topic of cybersecurity to local public health officials. The issue brief includes the follow topics:
- Introduction to Cyberspace and Cybersecurity;
- Cyber risk and vulnerabilities;
- Cyber breaches and health data;
- Impact of Cyber-Attack on Public Health Preparedness System;
- Cybersecurity Recommendation for LHD’s.
This document is currently up in NACCHO’s bookstore. The issue brief is available through the following link: