Purpose of this Blog
The purpose of this blog is to facilitate dialogue among local health department professionals interested in the public health informatics community. The blog serves as an informal venue for regular communications on the latest public health informatics news, resources and promotions. This blog encourages creative discussions and development of new ideas within the community.
We encourage you to participate in ePublic Health Blog (ePHB) blog through comments, sharing your personal stories or other features of our blog. We can’t respond to every comment, but we do review stories and comments as they’re posted publicly on the site. Submitted content that violates the blog’s comment policy will be removed, for example:
- is off-topic,
- is clearly promoting a commercial product or service,
- doesn’t adhere to a basic level of civility,
- is disrespectful to others, including other contributors or the subjects of our stories, or
- content that contains profanity or abusive language.
You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by ePHB in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once or “spam.”
ePublic Health Blog reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these terms and conditions.
- Terminate a user’s access to the website upon any breach of these terms and conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the website, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify ePHB against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.
Privacy and Security Policies valid from 05 March 2012
This blog is a sponsored blog created or supported by a company, organization or group of organizations. For questions about this blog, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This blog does not accept any form of advertising, sponsorship, or paid insertions. We write for our own purposes. However, we may be influenced by our background and occupation experience.
The owner(s) of this blog will never receive compensation in any way from this blog.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information, such as name, Social Security number, phone numbers or email addresses in the body of your comment. If you do voluntarily include personally identifiable information in your comment, such as your name, you should know that that comment may be posted on the Blog. If your comment is posted, your name will not be redacted or removed. In no circumstances will comments be posted that contain Social Security numbers, addresses, email address or phone numbers. You have the option of posting comments anonymously, but if you opt not to, any information, including your login name, may be displayed on our site.